Are you looking for the best deep cycle battery for camping? 12 Volt batteries are the most suitable battery types because they are ideal for powering most camping accessories.
The best camping battery is one that is light and portable so you can stay flexible on your trips. A good battery will also offer lots of recharge cycles so you can keep using the battery over and over again without affecting its durability.
In this guide, we’ll compare batteries that offer you all of these handy features, so you can make the most of your camping trips without worrying about running out of energy.
What Is the Best Deep Cycle Battery for Camping
There are quite a few different types of batteries on the market from all sorts of different brands. Here is a quick look at a few batteries that we believe will serve you well on camping adventures or for marine applications.
This battery by Universal Power is at the top of our list because it is one of the more affordable options. It is also quite durable, and it will keep your electric items powered for longer before you need to connect them to your battery chargers.
The batteries have a lead-acid battery cell composition that isn't quite as good for the environment, and don't offer the same life expectancy or light weight as lithium-ion batteries. It is still a great option considering its affordable price.
These types of batteries are ideal for all sorts of applications. They can be used to store electrical energy from solar units, and they are perfect for campers, RV use, or even small electric vehicles because they offer good shock resistance.
The 12-volt battery has a 100 ampere range, which means it can power your electric devices for many hours before you will need to recharge them. This type of battery will power a 400W fridge for up to 15 hours at a rate of 40 watts per hour.
The long battery life of this battery, and the fact that the battery has good internal resistance, makes it an ideal power source for a solar power system or other renewable energy source.
- Size - 12.17 x 6.61 x 9.16 Inches
- Weight - 63.93 Pounds
- Voltage - 12V
- Amp - 100Ah
- Battery cell composition - Lead acid
- Service type - Solar panels, travel trailer, camper
- The universal battery is affordable
- The 100Ah will keep electric items running for a long time before you need to recharge it
- It is ideal for solar systems
- You can use the battery for other devices like campers, trailers and much more
- You can mount the battery in any position
- Its advanced design offers good shock and vibration resistance
- Regular battery thermals work great on it
- The terminal design is ideal for diverse application
- The larger battery is not as compact as lithium ion batteries
- These battery types are not as durable as gel batteries
This battery by Mighty Max is a good pick if you need something that falls in an affordable price range.
This one is ideal for deep cycle use because it retains its durability even if the battery is regularly deeply discharged, or if most of its capacity is used. This battery is ideal for use as a trolling motor for watercraft or as a vehicle battery for a canoe or scooter. Lots of people also use the battery to power electric wheelchairs, campers, and many other accessories.
This battery is extremely functional for various reasons. It offers consistent performance thanks to its 55Ah power capacity. This battery can keep a 400W appliance running for about 7 hours at a rate of 40 watts per hour. The sealed lead-acid battery is also considered a functional battery because it can be mounted in any position without the risk of leaking electrolyte fluid.
The Max battery doesn't offer the same durability or slow discharge rate as lithium-ion batteries. But it is a very good option considering the extreme price of lithium-ion batteries. For lots of people it is more functional to invest in a bunch of AGM batteries and replace these as they age than it is to buy one expensive lithium-ion battery.
- Size - 9.02 x 5.43 x 9.13 Inches
- Weight - 36.8 Pounds
- Voltage - 12V
- Amp - 55Ah
- Battery cell composition - Sealed lead acid
- Service type - trolling motor for kayak or canoe, scooter, power boat panel, generator, electric wheelchair, camper and others
- The battery is affordable
- The 55Ah batteries deep discharges will keep your electric appliances running for a long period of time
- It has a variety of applications and is an ideal RV battery
- A good deep cycle battery for dry camping
- You can mount it in any position
- Nut and bolt terminal makes it easy to use in different devices (not included)
- This 12-Volt battery won't last as long as lithium batteries
- The battery is a bit heavy and bulky
- Sulfuric acid batteries are not the best for the environment
The Interstate Batteries 12V Deep Cycle Battery - The Best Small Deep Cycle Lead Acid Battery
If you need a small and compact battery to power a trolling motor, wheelchair, scooter or to use in your RV or camper then this one by Interstate Batteries is a great option.
The little battery is compact in size and weighs just 22.9 pounds which makes it very easy to take along on trips or to fit in smaller vehicles.
The 35Ah battery discharges at a slower rate giving you more power over a longer period of time. It won't last nearly as long as a 100Ah or even 55Ah AGM batteries, but still gives good functionality for its size and especially for its price.
This brand of battery is also available in 55 and 75 amp capacities, but we do find these larger batteries a bit more expensive compared to others of the same size on our list.
One of the biggest benefits of this sealed lead-acid battery compared to others is that it is more environmentally friendly. This battery is made from recycled materials and can also be recycled when it reaches its end.
The battery is ideal for use in items that drain a lot of power because constant power drains won't affect the battery’s durability. It is a good battery to use in a small solar power system, and a great source of power for camping expeditions.
- Size - 5.16 x 6.42 x 7.68 Inches
- Weight - 22.9 Pounds
- Voltage - 12V
- Amp - 35Ah
- Battery cell composition - Lead-acid AGM
- Service type - Trolling motors, wheelchairs, RV's, scooters and campers
- The house battery is affordable
- Small deep cycle AGM battery has a compact size for easy traveling
- Ideal for small recreational vehicle or for camping gear
- Made from recycled materials and it is recyclable
- Ideal for use in items that regularly discharge and recharge the battery such as scooters or wheelchairs
- One of the best after-market batteries
- Interstate batteries also offer this battery in 55Ah and 75Ah sizes.
- Lead-acid batteries are more toxic to the environment
- 35Ah battery won't last too long before it requires recharging
- These deep cycle RV batteries are not as durable as lithium batteries
If you are looking for a reliable battery that will offer you many hours of energy during camping trips then this battery by Ampere Time is a terrific pick. It is also the best battery for marine applications because the battery is more water resistant.
Lithium-ion batteries are very expensive compared to standard batteries. They are often worth the extra money because they can handle many more recharge cycles, they are lighter, more portable, and the batteries discharge at a slower rate.
Ampere Time sells a variety of battery sizes including up to 300Ah batteries, which offer an incredible power capacity compared to standard batteries. With the LiFePo4 battery deep cycle function and the batteries 100Ah capacity, you should be able to power electric devices for many hours before recharging will be needed.
The deep cycle lithium-ion battery is also very functional. It can be used in all sorts of solar systems, off-grid systems, motor homes, RVs, campers, or even be functional as golf cart batteries.
- Size - 12.9 x 8.48 x 6.82 (Other sizes available)
- Weight - 25.55 Pounds
- Voltage - 12V
- Amp - 100 Ah
- Battery cell composition - Lithium
- Service type - Off-grid applications, solar homes, golf carts, motorhomes, and more
- Cycles - 4000+ recharge cycles
- The lithium battery will last longer than a lead acid battery
- The lithium battery is more durable compared to a lead acid battery
- The 100 Ah battery capacity offers an extended period of battery life before it will need recharging
- It is an ideal tool for solar applications or for camping
- These are the best types of batteries because they are lighter compared to lead acid batteries
- It offers great durability with over 4000 recharge cycles
- Ampere Time also offers other battery sizes up to 100Ah
- The battery is likely to last 10 years
- it is relatively waterproof to a IP65 level which is ideal for bad weather camping
- The cost may be prohibitive
If you need a durable battery that is cheap, small, and compact that can be used for marine applications, then this one by Miady can be a good option.
This little 12V deep cycle lithium battery is very light and portable. Its small size and durability is exactly what makes it one of the most popular batteries.
It only offers a 16Ah AMP hour rating that doesn't give you many hours of energy. When you consider that you can recharge and reuse this battery over 2000 times, it certainly becomes a more worthy investment.
If you invest in many of these batteries, you could get good functionality for solar energy systems because the battery packs offer maximum capacity when they are installed with a series connection.
This battery has many applications. It can be used in kayaks, power systems, golf carts, electric sprayers, cameras, and in a huge variety of camping electronics. It might be a bit small for solar energy storage if you are powering a lot of items, but the battery should hold up pretty good if you are just using it for lighting.
- Size - 5.9 x 3.9 x 3.7 Inches
- Weight - 3.97 Pounds
- Voltage - 12V
- Amp - 16Ah
- Battery cell composition - Lithium phosphate
- Service type - Kayaks, power systems, golf carts, fishing electronics, electric sprayers, IP cameras and other camping gear
- Cycles - 2000
- Lithium-ion batteries doesn't discharge as quickly as a lead-acid battery
- The Lithium-ion battery durability is also longer than a lead-acid battery
- The battery is extremely light
- Compact size is ideal for powering smaller things like kayaks
- Very portable and offers great shelf life
- The battery will last for over 2000 cycles
- Ideal for use in a wide range of camping accessories
- Ideal marine battery because these battery types are more water resistant
- The 16Ah battery won't last too long before it will run out of energy
- Lithium-ion batteries are expensive
- Not the best automotive batteries
Not sure which battery to get? Well, all of these batteries offer superior performance which means they are all great picks for powering your camping adventures. To make it a little bit easier to decide, you can use the following handy guide.
The best budget deep cycle battery
If you are shopping on a tight budget then it is best to focus on lead-acid type batteries. These batteries are not as durable, and they are heavy and bulky. But they are much much more affordable compared to lithium-ion phosphate batteries. Their more affordable price makes them an ideal starter battery for a solar power system.
All of the AGM deep cycle batteries included on our list offer good durability and a long maximum capacity for their price range.
The battery that offers the longest battery time
The LiFePo4 deep cycle battery will offer you the longest battery life because it has a 100Ah size, and lithium-ion phosphate batteries have a slower discharge rate compared to AGM deep cycle batteries.
This battery won't just give you a lot of power, but it can also be recharged thousands of times without affecting its durability. It even comes with a 10-year service warranty, but this battery is pricey.
If you are looking for a more budget friendly solution then you should consider the 100Ah battery by Universal Power. These batteries' life cycles are not as long as lithium-ion batteries, but you can get about four of these batteries for the price of one lithium-ion battery.
The best portable battery
If you need a good portable battery that is small and compact in size then we recommend the Miady battery. This little battery weighs under 4 pounds, it offers reliable power. and it has over 2000 charge cycles.
If the Miady battery is too pricey. then you should also consider the small battery by Interstate batteries. This little 35Ah battery weighs just over 22 pounds, and offers good power life considering its size. It is also considerably cheaper.
The best medium sized battery
The Max battery is an ideal pick if you need a medium sized battery at a cheap price. As with other AGM deep cycle batteries, this one is very functional, affordable, and gives you quite a lot of power. The battery is also very flexible since you can install it in any position. It also comes with a 1-year warranty.
We do hope that this product review helped you find a great battery for your camping adventures and other accessories. If you need any other boating gear or vehicle accessories then you should have a look at some of our other product reviews. With these product reviews, you will always make the smartest buying decisions, and get access to all the latest and best gear for your car or watercraft.