- Cobra ESD7570 9-Band Performance Radar/Laser Detector with 360 Degree Detection
- Adaptiv Technologies TPX 2.0 Radar/Laser Detector - One Size
- Escort PASSPORT S55 High Performance Pro Radar and Laser Detector with DSP (High-intensity Red Display)
Radar detectors are among the hundreds and thousands of advanced technology features of today, which are not only beneficial in the road alone but can also be of used in so many ways where one who has it can get a huge advantage than other drivers.
Cobra ESD7570 9-Band Performance Radar/Laser Detector with 360 Degree Detection
Among the three products to be listed in this short review, the Cobra ESD7570 9-Band Performance Radar Detector with 360 degree detection has the cheapest price tag. If you're eyeing for a radar detector under $100, opt to buy this one which can only be bought for $69.99. While this may have a cheaper value in the market, it still serves its purpose and has cool features too.
It comes into shape with an ultra compact design and a high performance range. In addition to its features, it has a wide signal strength to detect the closeness of the speed gun and a 360 degree detection laser, which works perfectly in big highways and city roads. If you're always out in the road for travels and for work, you might need a radar detector to save you from possibly getting a ticket on random days.
- Saves you money
- Great quality at a fair price
- Impressive range, can pick a radar up from a half mile away
- Detects every officer holding a radar gun
- It detects over bridges, hills and around corners
- Very handy
- Handles the heat very well
- Easy controls
- Set-it-and-forget-it functions
- Adjustable volume is very useful
- 360 degree detection works well
- Recommended for safe drivers looking for enhanced situational awareness on the road
- Very dependable
- Exceeds buyer expectations
- Woks perfect in great range
- Insufficient sensitivity for rural areas
- Very convenient
- Easy installation
- Constant false alerts according to some
- Occurrence of false alarms often take place in city streets
- Picks up a lot of signals
- Doesn't come with an instructional guide/manual
Adaptiv Technologies TPX 2.0 Radar/Laser Detector - One Size
The Adaptiv Technologies TPX 2.0 Radar Detector is specifically made for motorcycles. Oftentimes, motorcycles and big bikes have more tendency to over speed in city highways, wide roads, and even in rural areas where there would be less officers in charge than in the urban areas. A huge number of riders and motorcycle racers have this kind of equipment to protect themselves from getting a speeding ticket.
Unlike the Cobra ESD7570-9 which can only be purchased below $100, this item is way more expensive. However, if you're more concerned about the quality and performance of the product in general rather than the budget, you can opt to have this one. Aside from its amazing features that include an increased detection power, it is also well-made to shock, water, and vibration resistant.
Moreover, it is capable of detecting all types of radars and laser bands, and has audio and visual alerts - features that are very useful for motorcycle riders who sometimes could not detect the officers on duty due to their driving speed.
- 3 LEDs are bright enough to get your attention, even in the daylight!
- Alerts you well in advance of any potential speed trap so long as it isn't laser
- Exceeds expectationa
- Expensive but totally worth buy - high quality and very dependable
- Gives good forwarding of radar speed guns and cameras
- Sensitive, detects quick and fast
- Improved connection is impressive
- Easy installation
- Complete package, easy transaction
- Water proof
- Weather resistant
- Works as advertised
- Laser alert gives you a few extra seconds to find an exit from a speed trap
Escort PASSPORT S55 High Performance Pro Radar and Laser Detector with DSP (High-intensity Red Display)
The Escort Passport S55 Radar Detector is well-made with a couple of features that other radar detectors don't have. Though this product appears to be quite expensive than many other radar detectors, you will surely get what you pay for from the looks of its features and number of benefits you can get from this product.
Moreover, it comes into view with cool additions including the auto sensitivity filter which automatically detects false alarms and real-time ticket protection network for warnings of the upcoming alerts received and reported by other users in the same location. It seems as though this radar detector marks a gap from other generic radar detectors with cheaper quality and poor review ratings.
- Everything is nice and sturdy while also having a clean look
- Comes with a great case
- Less false alerts
- Excellent quality, worth your money
- Works perfectly well
- Great escort line
- Enough sensitivity to lessen false alarms and detect real radar guns
- Great auto muting
- Great range
- Quality performance
- Solid window mount
- Display is sharp and clear
- Audio alerts are audible, but not obnoxious
- It detects radar from quite a long distance away and warns of known speed-traps and cameras via its on-board GPS.
- Quite big in size
- Power on/off switch is too easy to activate
- Screen cannot rotate in both directions and/or in a full rotation
- Restricts some mounting options
Make sure to read the pros and cons as well as the features of each radar detector posted in this review. Not only it will help you shape your buying decision, but it will also help you get to know more about its functions, performance, and some areas that might need improvement. If you think you are a wise consumer, spare some time checking out the reviews, pricing, and descriptions.