We all know the rearview mirror is one of the most important features of a car because it lets the driver see what’s behind them. The driver can use the mirror to check for any danger or obstacle that might pop up from behind.
However, there are times when you want to fill your car to the brim, but you can’t because it will obstruct the view. What do you do?
A mirror dash cam can help solve the problem. This device will give you a more expansive and unobstructed view of what’s going on behind you. We know that finding the perfect dash cam can be challenging, so we did some research and found the best mirror dash cam for you.
AKASO’s Mirror Dash Cam has ultra-HD screen resolution, allowing you to watch your surroundings in beautiful 2.5K video. The back cam also has a high resolution of 1080p. It’s not every day that you get to view the road in high-definition.
A clearer view of the road means more careful driving and fewer accidents for you. It’s not just a matter of seeing things clearly, but it helps make your ride safer as well.
Unlike other mirror dash cams (except VanTop), this one has active voice control, a feature added in June 2021. You can control your mirror by simply telling it to switch on and off, open and close, and take pictures and videos.
Buying this device means you won’t have to waste time fumbling with the camera. Using voice control is also great because you can focus on driving and not adjusting the mirror.
The Sony IMX335 starvis sensor and Hisilicon Hi3556 processor provide enhanced night vision. The sensor and the HD camera work together to ensure you can still see in starlight environments.
These features also come in handy when it’s rainy or foggy. A traditional rearview mirror is limited in harsh weather conditions, but this camera makes sure you always have clear visibility no matter what the conditions are outside.
- Dimensions: 11.4 x 2.8 x 1.2 inches
- Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Screen Size: 12 inches
- Batteries: 1 lithium battery needed (included)
- Resolution: 2.5K front camera and 1080p rear camera
- Has a bigger screen than other mirror dash cams
- Unlike other cameras, it has voice control
- Connects to your GPS, giving you real-time information on location and speed
- Always recording, so it provides excellent evidence if an accident occurs
- Front and rear cameras can be adjusted to give you a comprehensive view of the road
- Can record excellent videos with stark colors in low-light conditions
- Easy to attach to existing wire connections
- Doesn’t have an app for easy video transfers
- Must attach it to your car’s original rearview mirror, which damages the frame over time
This 12-inch mirror dash cam has the highest screen resolution among the products in this buying guide. The front cam has a 4K resolution that captures much clearer video than any other camera.
A 4K resolution camera is better than what most phones, computer monitors, and TVs are capable of displaying. Like other cameras, the rear cam has a 1080p resolution.
Like AKASO’s mirror dash cam, this camera works with voice-activated commands, which allows you to use simple voice commands to control the essential functions. This includes switching on and off, adjusting the angles, and recording video.
Hands-free controls are great because they’re convenient, and help you to have a safe and distraction-free ride. The last thing you want is to cause an accident because you were messing around with the device that is there to keep you safe.
This dashcam outperforms others because it has loop and emergency recording. Loop recording means the feed is always running in case you ever need it for emergencies. If you ever get into an accident, you can use the footage to defend yourself.
The camera is set to standby once the car is off, but it starts recording if any sudden movements or loud sounds are detected. This makes it a perfect witness in case of emergencies.
- Dimensions: 14.8 x 4.9 x 3.0 inches
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Screen Size: 12 inches
- Resolution: 4K front camera and 1080p rear camera
- Batteries: Lithium-ion (included)
- Has the highest resolution, enabling you to see the clearest visual feeds
- Sensor is 3.3 times better than other cameras for improved low-light and nighttime video
- 12-inch screen provides expansive vision to see more traffic and surroundings
- Has a 2.5D curved glass style that looks amazing in most cars
- Dash cam responds to voice commands
- Tracks your GPS to give you detailed information about your driving habits
- Mirror will give you detailed directions and show you grid lines to help you park
- Two cameras give you comprehensive views of the front and rear of the car
- Unfortunately, there are reports that the mirror randomly switches off sometimes
- Can’t wirelessly connect to the device
This 4.3-inch screen from Jinyue has a user-friendly interface. It has multiple display modes for you to choose from. You can pick full-screen viewing for the front camera recording mode and full-screen for the back camera as well. You can also view both cameras at the time. This is the best mirror dash cam for anyone looking for 360-degree views.
In addition, the camera can automatically turn on and off. You can switch off the camera and go back to using your ordinary rearview mirror if you like. This is a great product because it gives you the freedom of choice. You can easily swap between the modern and the traditional.
The mirror cam has a gravity sensor that senses collisions. If anyone hits you, the camera will automatically switch on. This will come in handy for insurance claims if you’re involved in an accident.
It also has loop recording that overwrites the earliest video if the memory gets full. However, since the camera can take a memory card with 128GB, you won’t have to worry about memory problems.
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 3.15 x 1.77 inches
- Weight: 8.6 ounces
- Screen Size: 4.3 inches
- Resolution: 1080p
- Batteries: Lithium-ion (included)
- Supports a memory card of up to 128GB. You don’t have to worry about losing valuable footage.
- WDR Technology provides clearer and brighter videos.
- Automatically displays reversing images.
- Front and back cameras produce high-definition footage.
- Rear camera is waterproof.
- Both cameras have multiple display modes.
- Camera can continue recording even when you switch back to the ordinary rearview mirror.
- Loop recording so the camera makes space by overwriting the oldest footage.
- The screen is smaller than the VanTop camera.
- Some customers complained about having too many wires hanging from the camera.
This 11-inch mirror touch screen dash cam is one of the biggest on our list. At 11 inches, it’s one of the biggest options available anywhere, and the touch screen makes it easy to use. No need to worry about reaching for a remote, because you can easily make adjustments.
The mirror dash cam has upgraded mirror technology. You can view everything in HD resolution. The resolution is so great that you can see remarkable images from both the front and back.
This dash cam makes our top products list because it has flip technology. Unlike the other mirrors, you can see mirror and vertical flips of each picture. This gives you a better understanding of your surroundings, and you can drive accordingly.
Since the camera uses similar channels to your car TV and radio, it has interference materials to ensure that they don’t cross paths. You can use the mirror and listen to the radio without any break-ups or disturbances.
You can even view both the front and back at the same time. The mirror supports a split-screen and allows you to observe the dynamics in the front and rear. You can also revert to the default mode if you prefer a traditional driving experience.
- Dimensions: 13.35 x 4.84 x 2.95 inches
- Weight: 2.33 pounds
- Screen size: 11 inches
- Resolution: 1080p
- Batteries: CR2 batteries (not included)
- Loop recording to make it easy for you to file insurance claims in case of accidents and emergencies.
- 24-hour parking monitor that will activate the G-sensor and record for 20 seconds if any loud bang/noise is recorded.
- Any recording made after G-sensor is activated automatically locks and can never be overwritten.
- USB port makes it easy for you to charge the mirror.
- It has a memory card slot that supports up to 128GB.
- UI interface hides the control buttons, which removes distractions so that you can focus on the road.
- Mirror flip and vertical flip make it compatible with any vehicle.
- Split-screen display function means that you can see the front and back.
- A customer complained that the cable is too short, so you’ll likely have to spend more money on an extender.
- The clock automatically resets, so it easily loses time.
The recently upgraded Jansite mirror dash cam has dual 1080p definition. Other cameras on our list have a high resolution in the front and lower resolution for the dash cam, but this one is consistent. You can view high-definition videos from the front and back.
Unlike other products, you won’t have to waste time worrying about short cables. The camera has a 32.8-foot back camera cable that makes it easy to install. The wires are so straightforward that you can install both cameras with no prior experience.
The Jansite mirror dash cam has night vision for low-light conditions. You won’t have to worry about driving in extreme weather conditions, because the camera will still provide great visuals. The night vision technology works on both the front and rear cameras.
Also, the camera is flexible. You can easily adjust the mirror to find the perfect angle. You’re not limited to seeing things from a single angle, but you can adjust the dash cam accordingly. The camera also has a wide-angle view that eliminates blind spots.
- Dimensions: 13.74 x 4.65 x 2.83 inches
- Weight: 1.99 pounds
- Size: 10 inches
- Resolution: 1080p
- Compared to other products, it has super night vision.
- The touch screen is quite responsive, so it’s easy to use.
- A 32.8-foot cable means that it can be installed in large trucks.
- It supports a 128GB memory card, so you don’t have to worry about important footage being deleted/overwritten.
- Advanced analog technology prevents overexposure of video, meaning that footage is always clear and visible.
- The dashcam automatically adjusts the angle to provide you with the best viewing experience.
- It has a parking monitor and motion detection to prevent crime.
- The rear camera provides reverse parking assistance.
- A customer complained that the rear camera was too heavy for their mirror. As a result, they struggled to find the right angles.
- It can be difficult to use in a convertible because the image becomes blurry once the sun hits.
Finding the best mirror dash cam doesn’t have to be a complicated process. You can use our guide to find the camera that best suits your needs. You can choose a camera according to recording space, screen size, or screen resolution. Either way, you should now have a good idea of what kind of products are available on the market and what features they include.
We hope you found this buying and review guide helpful as you try to find the best mirror dash cam to suit your needs. If you’re interested in reading more articles and review guides similar to this one, feel free to check out our website for more great content.