The coldest season of the year isn't over yet so you probably have all the time to enjoy snowy days ahead of you. While that seems pretty exciting especially if you and your friends are all-set for an upcoming road trips, are your cars physically ready to hit the roads too? If the answer is no, maybe it's about time you start setting-up your vehicles and make sure you won't forget to check if your windshield wipers are capable enough to withstand extremely bad weather conditions.
Whatever your travel and getaway plans are, it's best to secure all the safety measures of your vehicles before hitting the roads this winter season. You sure know how difficult and uncomfortable it is to drive when snowing, so if there's a need to replace your current windshield wipers to pair it with the windshield washer fluid you are currently using, check out this post and consider reviewing the best windshield wipers for snow all listed below.
- TRICO Ice 35-220 Extreme Weather Winter Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1)
- Michelin 8522 Stealth Ultra Windshield Wiper Blade with Smart Technology, 22" (Pack of 1)
- TRICO NeoForm 16-240 Wiper Blade with Teflon - 24" (Pack of 1)
The fact that massive snowing hugely affects transportation and makes driving more prone to accidents, it's very important that you know that preventive measures to avoid such unwanted incidents on the roads. Windshield wipers are one of the most important tools to help you maintain the 100% road visibility, even more important in the middle of freezing temperature where snow may cover your windshields while driving.
TRICO Ice 35-220 Extreme Weather Winter Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1)
The TRICO Ice 35-220 Extreme Weather Winter Wiper Blade 22" is well-constructed with bunches of features that appear to be extremely beneficial in keeping your transportation smooth and safe in the middle of a snowy weather. It comes in shape with constructed armor shield blades that protects your windshields from being damaged due to severe weather, as well as provides protection to critical wiper components from ice and snow.
In addition, it has a built-in Teflon infused wiper element that keeps the wiper blade movement smooth and quiet. This special feature also comes into view with a wedge-shaped spoiler that eliminates snow and ice from your windshields, providing you a good range of road visibility even amidst cold temperatures. Adapters along with easy-access instructions for swift installation are as well attached to each blade, making the process more hassle-free for you.
- Wipers are nice and sturdy, and holding up well
- Fairly priced for a good performance
- The rubber enclosure keeps them from icing up
- Prevents snow build up around rubber wiping area
- Fits well
- Extremely high quality
- Wiper blades great for winter conditions
- The cover works well
- Doesn't leave streaks
- Very easy to install
- It's not compatible to all vehicles
- It doesn't contact the glass in the middle
Michelin 8522 Stealth Ultra Windshield Wiper Blade with Smart Technology, 22" (Pack of 1)
The Michelin 8522 Stealth Ultra Windshield Wiper Blade Smart Technology 22" comes into view with patented smart hinge cover that protects the blade from possibly getting clogged with ice, snow, and road regime. Also, unlike many other generic wipers, this one comes in shape with tons of important features that will keep you safe while driving amidst bad weather conditions.
Smart Hinge joints also gives the wiper the power to hold securely hold the windshields across the entire blade, which appears to be very useful during winter season. Both ends of the wiper blade have the ability to adjust to your car's windshield shape and secures good grip to the ends of the blade - this gives the wiper blade a better spot to withstand snowy and windy weathers.
- Pretty good wipers
- Installed very easily
- Clear well, hold form even at highway speed
- Great quality that lasts
- Fairly priced, especially for its overall performance and quality
- Extremely quite and clean exceptionally well
- Smooth operation, great fit
- They contour the window decently
- Working very well, no streaks
- Do not squeak and fit perfectly
- Works perfect in hard rain, heavy wet snow and murky road mist
- Very sturdy
- Doesn't leave wet spots
- It's not compatible to all vehicles
- The upper "section" of the wiper blade does not press against the windshield well
- Way heavier than the original one
TRICO NeoForm 16-240 Wiper Blade with Teflon - 24" (Pack of 1)
The TRICO NeoForm 16-240 Wiper Blade with Teflon - 24" is made to meet the demands of today's highly curved windshields. It has an exclusive Teflon surface protector than improves wiping performance and provides long-lasting blade life. With these advantages, you can use the product for long-term, longer than many other wipers and this also allows you to maximize your car's windshield protection in general.
Moreover, this windshield wiper is snow and ice clogging resistant, delivering an all-time excellent performance. Pre-installed adapters are as well included and easy-access instructions for a faster installation. If you're not afraid of constantly hitting the roads amidst a freezing temperature, you definitely need this one for your windshield's protection.
- It lasts longer than majority of the more expensive brands out there
- Easy installation
- As far as functionality goes, they are extremely good quality
- One swipe and the windshield is clean and dry
- They don't stick to the glass
- It produces less noise
- Clears water better
- It looks nicer than stock
- Hold up well through the summer sun
- They provide good wiping coverage, and stay on the windshield at highway speeds
- Also adequate under ice conditions, enough to not bother with winter blades
- Mounting system to arm is unique and very secure
- No ice clogs, no real streaking, and easy to clean after a snow storm
- Keeps you visuals intact while driving under a bad weather
- They wipe torrential rain away with no problems
- The connection in the middle is very large with the blade itself very small
- Plastic cap is hard to open, you will need tools in order to pop it open
- Not compatible for all vehicles
If you're quite worried about how long your current wiper blades can last under freezing weathers and low temperatures, check out each item and consider reading the pros and cons based on the reviews made by individuals who have tried the products themselves.